22 Jun Xolani zondi’s 6 points on : Building STRONG and Resilient Teams
1. Resilient teams are marked by a consultative style of leadership. The key here is ensuring an inclusive approach in how s/he leads, so that no one is left behind.
2. A great team is led by a team leader who sets a clear and consistent example of how the team should operate. This is called modeling; the team leader must model the way s/he wants her team members to treat each other, communicate and resolve conflict.
3. The marker of every resilient team is an open, regular, transparent and respectful communication. By this I mean not just the use of technology to facilitate efficient communication, but continuously touching base, checking in and deliberately connecting with the team.
4. A resilient team is guided by a clear and commonly defined ultimate goal, a single purpose for the team to aspire to and reach. Having a single, common goal ensures that the team has a unifying point of cohesion.
5. An effective team is shaped and built through the application of equal and fair treatment. There is no easier and quicker way of destroying a team than having favouritism, unfairness and injustice in the workplace.
6. An achieving team is marked by acknowledgement and reward of good effort from individuals and the performance of the team as a whole. Build a team where the good in everyone is acknowledged and enhanced.